Are you planning to transfer to Mercer in the fall? Many transfer students find that there are numerous benefits to beginning their Mercer experience during the summer sessions.
Better Acquaint Yourself with the Campus Environment
- Get to know other students before the hustle and bustle of the fall semester begins.
- Learn the lay of the land. Know how to get where you want to go before the fall semester.
- Ease the college adjustment period by settling into a routine before the main school year starts.
Lighten Your Fall and Spring Academic Loads
- Take up to 6 hours during each five-week session.
- Focus on harder courses by limiting the number of classes you take.
- Use the time to take core classes (see list of courses).
- Learn in a more relaxed classroom atmosphere.
Complete Your Classes in Record Time
- Although intense, many of Mercer's summer classes last for five short weeks.
- Take classes four days a week and enjoy three-day weekends.
- Boost your class status by earning credit hours.
Benefit from More Individual Attention from Professors
- Get to know your professors and classmates in a small class setting.
- Receive more individual attention.
Enjoy Your Summer
- Take Mercer with you by enrolling in a Mercer Summer Online course.
- Mercer has a lot of activities planned for your summer fun.
- Enjoy suite-style living, with a private room and private bath, and the conveniences of Mercer Hall.